|Class of '91|
@kevinhunsperger & @my123cents on Twitter
Listen to the podcast
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
My kids came home this week with their yearbooks, which instantly makes me think of the good ol' days when I was in junior high and high school. Back then, I was always excited to get classmates to sign my book. Most of the time the blurbs were generic "you're a nice guy" and "glad we had 'such and such' class together" and "keep in touch."
Looking back, I realize I was a nice, funny and sweet guy. Never quite made a love connection in those days. And despite requests to KIT I did not do a good job at that until Facebook was created. Here are ten of my favorites, some are funny and others just make me feel good reading again nearly 25+ years later.
10. "I just wanted to be the first to sign your crack!" - written on the inner hinge of the book Freshman year
9. "You're an extremely sweet person. I'm glad we were friends this year. I admire you for your chipper moods and your great sense of humor. I hope you can look back at NHS with many fond memories, because it will have many of you. Best of luck." - Senior year
8. "Well sweetie I have to hand it to you, you are surely one terrific guy. I'll never forget you or all of your funny jokes. We've had a lot of fun together. Kev, I just want to thank you for being you. You're the best." - Senior year
7. "Wow, 13 years in the making and we've finally made it!!! Yeah! Kev, your personality and sense of humor are great! I will miss you so much next year! You are a terrific guy and I know you will find that perfect someone at SEMO! Best of luck in all your future endeavors. You deserve the best, so don't settle for less. I love ya Kev!" - Senior year. She was right. I met my wife less than a year later at SEMO.
6. "Knowing you has been quite an experience. We have both gone through so many ups and downs together (especially with women) I'm glad to hear you and Jim are going to be roomies at SEMO. I know you will have a blast down there, I'll have to come down sometime so you can show me all the new hot babes you're going to be meeting. I hope we will keep in contact for the rest of our lives. You will always be a true and honest friend." - Senior year
5. "... I hope you get the best out of life! I know if anyone will succeed you will. You are a great guy Kev and I love you dearly. Let's always stay friends. I'm gonna cry if I don't stop here. Good luck in the fall!" - Senior year
4. "Much success in all you attempt, esp. spelling." - C. Dickinson (8th grade English teacher)
3. "... You've got a terrific sense of humor! You're always so nice to me. Don't forget me Kevin. I know you'll do wonderful next year at college. You're special to me. Take care of yourself!" - Senior year
1. "Good luck and keep wishing to get a piece of (protecting girl's identity)." [Then a sarcastic friend added to this] "Even if it's only her middle finger." - 8th grade