@kevinhunsperger & @my123cents on Twitter
Listen to the podcast
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Who I WANT to win Money in the Bank 2015 and who I THINK will win Money in the Bank 2015 are two different things. But I will say this, I really don't have a problem with any of this year's competitors becoming "Mr. Money in the Bank." Yes, even Randy Orton. I guess I'm mellowing as I get older. Be sure to let me know who you've got this year too.
1. Roman Reigns - This is partially because of the Internet buzz, but also because I don't think the WWE has written off Roman Reigns. I wouldn't mind seeing him repackaged somehow, but overall, I like the guy. He's continuing to develop both in the ring and on the mic and I think he's going to eventually click with fans. I don't feel like we're being force fed him anymore, plus the WWE has a year to convince us he deserves a title run.
2. Sheamus - I like the heel version of Sheamus much more than his babyface character. Buzz online had him winning the Intercontinental title at Elimination Chamber, so since that didn't happen, maybe a run at the top is coming for the Celtic Warrior.
3. Randy Orton - He's been then, done that with both the championship and a tenure as Mr. MITB. While I'd rather see a fresh face in the title picture, I wouldn't hate it if Orton had another shot at glory.
4. Dolph Ziggler (he's actually who I WANT to win this year) - I'm still bitter that Ziggler never got the proper title run a couple years ago when he cashed in against Alberto Del Rio. Injuries played a factor in that, but I also think a lack of confidence and support from the suits contributed to Dolph's lackluster and way too brief run. The guy has the skills, the work ethic and the popularity. He just needs the opportunity. Give Dolph the ball, he'll run with it forever.
5. Kane - I put him here ONLY if creative has him become the Big Red Monster and quit the Authority. Kane has been around consistently for nearly 18 years. The character has evolved many times and I think he's ready to come full circle. I know there aren't many years left for the big guy in the ring, so one last hurrah would not bother me.
6. Neville - If you know me, you know I'm a Neville mark. He's my favorite guy on the roster right now. But I don't think he's going to win Sunday. He will be impressive and provide some daring high spots, but I don't think he's ready for a WWE World championship run. I know the winner has 12 months to get ready, but I like the idea of someone potentially cashing in immediately after clutching that case. Neville will be there sooner rather than later. I have no doubt about that.
7. Kofi Kingston - Of everyone in this match, I'd say I'm the most surprised he's in it. That's no disrespect to him. I love the work he is doing now with Xavier Woods and Big E in The New Day. I also like the buildup to MITB with the group saying if Kofi wins, they'll all have a crack at the title. But let's face facts, WWE has pushed and pulled back Kofi so many times, he's the personification of a yo-yo. I like him and respect his abilities in the ring. I just don't think he's got a very good shot at winning this seven man ladder match.
Post a Comment